Among the cool things I received for my birthday:
- Beatles Gear (Andy Babiuk)
- White Knight (Todd Rundgren)
- An Evening with Todd Rundgren
The Beatles at Comiskey Park in Chicago in 1965
Fun with The Beatles’ Abbey Road album cover
My entire childhood in one GIF.
Listen to my cover of “Nowhere Man” by The Beatles.
This was a gift. A very nice gift.
Here’s a list of five modern songs that were more than a little influenced by music written centuries earlier:
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love,” Elvis Presley, 1961
Plasir d’Amour, Jean-Paul-Egide Martini, 1784
- “A Groovy Kind of Love,” The Mindbenders, 1965
Op. 36, 6 Sonatinas for Piano, Muzio Clementi, 1797
- “Because,” The Beatles, 1969
Moonlight Sonata, Ludwig van Beethoven, 1801
- “Don’t Look Back in Anger,” Oasis, 1996
Canon in D Major, Johann Pachelbel, 1694
- “A Whiter Shade of Pale,” Procul Harum, 1967
Orchestral Suite No. 3 (Air), Johann Sebastian Bach, 1730
From Betts G: Infographic Guide To Music; Cassell; 2014 via Guitar Player.