This past year, I spent more time studying and playing music than I did reading books from start to finish. That said, here’s the list of books I read or reread in 2018:
- Bhavana Vandana (Bhante Henepola Gunaratana)
- White Gold Wielder (Stephen R. Donaldson)
- Life of a Lay Buddhist: Meditation=Awareness (Ven. Dr. M. Vajiragnana)
- The Runes of the Earth (Stephen R. Donaldson)
- Beatles Gear: All the Fab Four’s Instruments, from Stage to Studio – The Ultimate Edition (Andy Babiuk)
Here’s hoping for more reading time in 2019!
Listen to my cover of “Nowhere Man” by The Beatles.
One of my favorite places to shop is Half Price Books, so for my birthday last month, among other things, I received a Half Price gift card. I finally got the chance to drop in yesterday, and I found some treasures:
- The Most Dangerous Book: The Battle for James Joyce’s Ulysses (Kevin Birmingham)
- The Legend Begins (Tony Sheridan and The Beatles)
- Gene Vincent (Gene Vincent; 2 CDs)
- The Chess Blues-Rock Songbook: The Classic Originals (Chess 50th Anniversary Collection) (Various artists; 2 CDs)
Hey, isn’t Father’s Day next Sunday? 😉
This was a gift. A very nice gift.